Debra A. Collins
DebraAcollins.com |510.206.6035 | firstname.lastname@example.org
19480 Garrison Ave. Castro Valley, CA 94546
Educations & Accreditations
2007 Extension Courses Marketing for Artist and Quick Sketching for Travel, University of California, Santa Cruz
2006 C.L.A. D. Credential
2004 Teacher Grant Program, Academy of Art University, San Francisco 1995 Teacher Grant Program, Academy of Art University, San Francisco 1992 The California Arts Project
1980 California Single Subject Teaching Credential – Art
1978 B.A. Art-Studio, California State University, East Bay
1977 A.A. General Education, Chabot College, Hayward
- San Francisco Women Artists Gallery, Artists Choice 2021, San Francisco, CA. USA
- Oklahoma State University, Gardiner Gallery of Art, Bartlett Center for the Visual Arts, Cimarron National Works On Paper Exhibition, Stillwater, OK. USA
Laurel Arts Building Bridges Somerset , PA. USA
- Alameda County Fair, Pleasanton, CA. USA
- A.R.T. Inc. For Art’s Sake, Castro Valley, CA. USA
- Hayward Arts Council with the National League of American Pen Women, Celebrate Women! Hayward, CA. USA
- Hayward Art Council Members Show Winter 2021, Hayward, CA. USA
- A.R.T. Inc. New Beginnings, Castro Valley, CA. USA
- de Young Museum de Young Open, San Francisco, CA. USA
- A.R.T Inc. A.R.T. Goes Viral #3 Member Show Castro Valley, CA. USA
- Sun Gallery The Art of Dia de los Muertos Hayward, CA. USA
- Sun Gallery Planet Earth: The Beauty of Life Hayward, CA. USA
- John O’Lague Galleria at Hayward City Hall Members Show! Hayward Arts Council Hayward, CA. USA
- Adobe Art Center 41st Annual Area Artist Juried Exhibition Castro Valley, CA. USA
- Alameda County Offices Art from the Adobe Art Center Oakland, CA. USA
- Adobe Art Center 40th Annual Area Artists’ Juried Exhibition – Meaning Through Making Castro Valley CA. USA
- VITA Art Center Draw, Drawing, Drawn Ventura, CA. USA 2013
- California State Fair Sacramento, CA. USA2010
- Alameda County Fair, Pleasanton, CA. USA2008
- Adobe Art Center Art Inc. Member Show Castro Valley, CA. USA 2007
- Alameda County Fair, Pleasanton CA. USA 2006
- Adobe Art Center Spring Show Castro Valley, CA. USA
- Aquarium of the Bay Sea Lions In San Francisco, San Francisco, CA. USA
- Arts Ambassador Award, Artists Embassy International and the Dancing Poetry Festival, 2021
- 1st Place Award in Mixed Media/Collage. Alameda County Fair, 2021
- 2nd Place Award. A.R.T. Inc., For Art’s Sake, 2021.
- Margaret Robbins Award for Artistic Excellence. A.R.T. Inc., For Art’s Sake, 2021.
- Teacher of the Year. James Logan High School 2016.
- Teacher of the Year Nominee. James Logan High School. 2010 – 2018.
- Froyland Award. A.R.T. Inc. 40th Annual Area Artists Juried Exhibition. 2017.
- Merit Award. California State Fair. 2014.Merit Award. California State Fair. 2013.
- Merit Award. A.R.T. Inc. Member Exhibit. 2008.
- Merit Award. California State Fair. 2006.Merit Award. A.R.T. Inc. 2006.
- Honorable Mention. Alameda County Fair. 2006.
- Silver Medal. Alameda County Fair. 2005
- Honorable Mention. Alameda County Fair. 2004.
- Merit Award. A.R.T. Inc. 2004.
- 2021 – Helen Hiebert Studio’s The Sunday Paper, Zooming Church, April 11,2021
- Castro Valley Form, Pen Women’s Art Show Features Four CV Artists, January 13,20212020
- Diablo/Alameda Branch of the National League of American Pen Women Peace &Activism video
- National League of American Pen Women’s Art of the Week, August 7, 2020
- The Episcopal Diocese of California’s DioCal News & Events, April 21 edition
- Sierra Club’s Green New Deal web show
- Art For A New Earth, web gallery, artforanewearth.com
- 2017 – Tri-City Voice Artists Explore Meaning Through Making, September 19, Vol. 15 No. 38 2010
- Sketchbook Project, Brooklyn Art Library’s Traveling Show, Brooklyn NY. USA
Member of the Following Organizations
2021 – Present Board Member, Guild of American Papercutters
2020 – Present Guild of American Papercutters
2018 – Present National League of American Pen Women
2018 – Present Board of Director Member, Sun Gallery, Hayward CA. USA 2017 – Present Hayward Arts Council,
2015 – Present A.R.T. Inc.